Marketing Program – FunctionSmart Physical Therapy Women’s Health
FunctionSmart Physical Therapy has an established women’s health practice with a highly qualified team. They focus on pelvic floor using a variety of modalities to treat incontinence, pelvic pain and prolapse. They wanted to grow their women’s health practice. Rasdal Associates was engaged to define a simple marketing strategy with programs to implement.
The first step was conducting a baseline analysis of the business by surfacing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis). Rasdal Associates determined that they have an established women’s health practice with little competition and a large underserved market. They don’t have as many patients as they would like but they are well positioned for success.
Targets are well understood to be referring physicians and potential patients. First focus is referring physicians as that has more immediate impact on patient volume. Rasdal Associates developed a simple, clearly defined program to generate increased physician referrals.
- Visited physicians to better understand their practice and points of pain that would lead them to refer to FunctionSmart Women’s Health
- Developed a discussion guide for those visits
- Created handouts for physicians to use with patients at key points of care
- Deployed a new web site with targeted content: www.functionsmart.com
- Established a process and system for physician follow up
- Created a calendar and goals for new physician visits
- Implemented a system to measure the success of marketing programs
Future activities will include programs to raise awareness and create interest from potential patients.
Rasdal Associates developed a marketing program that can be implemented without dedicated marketing staff. The simple steps can be tackled in priority order spending just a few hours a week and little cash. Revenue from women’s health doubled in less than six months and continues to grow at a steady rate.